Assessment and Quality AssuranceLevel 3 provides a pathway for learners to understand assessment and if required, qualify as an assessor. Learners who wish to achieve these units could be assessing competence or non-competence based learning, knowledge or skills. They will select the units and qualifications that meet the requirements of what they are assessing.
There are three awards and a certificate available at Level 3:
- The Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment is a knowledge-only award for those who are starting their journey as an assessor, or those who need to know about assessment practice but are not currently practising.
- The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment is for practitioners who assess the demonstration of competence in a work environment using the following assessment methods: observation/examining work products/oral questioning and discussion/use of witnesses/learner statements/Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- The Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement is for practitioners who assess knowledge and/or skills in vocationally related subject areas using the following assessment methods: assessments in simulated environments/skills tests/oral and written questions/assignments/projects/case studies/RPL.
- The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is for practitioners who may use all of the above-listed assessment methods based upon sound assessment principles.
- The course will be arranged to meet learner requirements. The cost will be £750. Please call for more information.
- Please telephone Sheena or Mike on 07484775013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org