An exciting new course to assist people over the age of 50 who are not in employment at the moment but would like to improve their employment prospects (including self-employment). Delivered by experienced and qualified tutors.
Attendance will be up to 2.5 days per week, on a flexible basis to allow for other commitments such as childcare, caring for others, health related issues, and job interviews.
The course will be adapted to the interests and needs of those attending. Examples of training and experience gained during the course will include:
· Digital skills - Using word to create CVs completing online forms, safe use of smartphones, using Excel for personal budgeting.
· Practical skills - General repairs, building flat pack furniture, path cleaning, mechanical skills
· Communication and presentation skills - Speaking and listening, business English, body language, basic grammar and punctuation.
· Confidence building
· Employability, including interview skills - Following instructions, team working and interview skills
· Starting own business - Keeping records, finding premises, accessing information, budgeting inc using MS Excel and writing a business plan.
The Programme will be delivered through a series of bite size learning modules. Light refreshments will be provided.
Interviewing NOW at Beckton Skills Centre 7 Hillcroft Road Beckton, E66LW.
Please telephone Zahara or Sheena on 07484775013/Email email@example.com to make an appointment or just have an informal discussion about how we can help you gain employment opportunities.