COVID-19 Precautions and Actions taken.
Beckton Skills Centre is operating within the government's guidelines and has a written COVID-19 risk assessment, copies of which are available on request. The risk assessment carried out has implications for our training programmes Our overriding concern is that learners and staff remain safe. The new measures identified in our risk assessment are summarised here:
- PPE (including face masks) is available free of charge to our learners and support workers
- Posters are displayed concerning social distancing and staff will expect learners to follow these instructions.
- Posters explaining how to ensure learners and staff wash their hands thoroughly
- An extra hand washing station located in the yard outside the workshop to encourage frequent and thorough hand washing.
- New rules regarding eating and food preparation on-site.
- BSC has purchased more hand tools to enable learners to work independently
- A short health questionnaire to be completed before training as well as instructional video on how the virus operates (there is also a link to this video below)